Afghanistan's Web Site Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAfghanistan NewsAfghanistan News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Contract, Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text & 1 GB of LTE Data - Only $27.50/Month

This is a discussion forum powered by Afghanistan's Web Site. The purpose of this discussion forum is to engage people for the benefit of Afghanistan. Please register to make your voices heard. Silence will not make the world a better place!

Karzai against more US troops in Afghanistan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MateenK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MateenK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Karzai against more US troops in Afghanistan
    Posted: 23-Mar-2017 at 1:19pm
I disagree with the former president
I disagree with the former president.

I think we need US or UN troops in Afghanistan to protect only our borders against foreign fighters coming in to the country, and to train and assist Afghanistan’s military and police to fight and clean what is a currant threat to Afghanistan until Afghanistan is stable and Afghanistan can protect itself.

Afghanistan in its current state will not be able to accomplish these 2 tasks simultaneously. If it was not for the efforts of none Afghan military Afghanistan would not have a military even though mistakes have been made.

Sponsored Links

MateenK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MateenK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2017 at 12:49pm

Former president Hamid Karzai on Thursday urged the Afghans to help advance the peace process and asked the US to sign a deal with the Kabul government on establishing peace in Afghanistan instead of taking military actions.
In his message to the nation in connection with the new solar year’s celebrations, Karzai said: “Unfortunately our nation suffered another year full of problems and miseries. Our people and security forces witnessed insecurity and repeated assaults from Pakistan.”
He said all these disorders occurred in the face of a wide political and military presence of the US and its allies in Afghanistan.
About one and a half decades ago, the US and its allies, supported by a number of key regional countries, had entered Afghanistan under the pretext of fighting against terror, he said.
But terrorism could not be eradicated, instead the menace further strengthened and a new terrorist group, Daesh (ISIS), also emerged as a result of wrong US policies, he said.
“Instead of receiving regional cooperation, Afghanistan is turning into a conflict zone for many countries,” the former president said.
Karzai stressed the need for a joint struggle of the Afghan government and the nation to put the current miseries to an end and establish peace in the country.
“I once again call on the Taliban to join the national reconciliation process and discharge their responsibility in ending the troubles in the country,” he said.
“I suggest the US to seek its presence in Afghanistan in peace not in war. The US should work together with the Afghan people for establishing peace instead of sending more troops that would definitely fuel insecurity,” Karzai said.
America should explain to the world and the region the escalating security situation and empowering terrorism in Afghanistan with each passing year, he said.
The US should pave the ground for real fight against terrorism and cooperation of regional countries instead of engaging them dragging them into the war, he said.
He said regional countries, particularly China, India, Russia and Iran as well as the Shanghai and SAARC organizations could play an important role in advancing the Afghan peace process.
 “I suggest Pakistan to seriously review its policies on Afghanistan, it should talk to Afghanistan through a door of friendship,” he added.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic